At Dubai Parks and Resorts, an unforgettable journey begins as soon our guests enter the gate. Themed as a journey through time, Riverland™ Dubai comprises four distinct eras – or zones, which take visitors on a voyage across time: from an idyllic French village in the 1600s to a bustling European Exposition in the late 19th Century, New Delhi in the 1930s, and ultimately the swanky days of Los Angeles and Las Vegas in the 1950s.
At its heart is the river from which Riverland™ Dubai is named and that is central to the visitors’ experience. Water taxis, in addition to a tram, shuttle visitors to and fro, while ample casual dining terraces spill out towards the water’s edge. There are numerous opportunities to join us down by the water at Riverland™ Dubai and help us create an exciting spectacle for our guests every day!
Play Your Part
This position manages Kitchen and stewarding Operations and Colleagues working in this Department. Additionally, facilitate training, provide feedback and guidance to team members, approve schedules, investigate and analyse financial results and Guest Feedback Statements, and monitors additional data while leading and motivating direct reports and other team members by praise and/or coaching where applicable.
- Promptly greet Guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Make appropriate service recovery recommendations
- Manage and place stock requisitions by reviewing stock levels and by forecasting anticipated business volume for the upcoming requisition period
- Assists with recipe development and training to maintain recipe authenticity
- Prepare, review and publish schedules in line with the anticipated business volume
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report malfunctions and follow up on repairs
- Conduct performance evaluations, training, guidance, coaching, regular briefings and meetings, and counselling of Colleagues
- Analyse product mix reports and perform inventory spot checks
- Monitor manning and the competence level of Colleagues to ensure sufficiency
- Train all Colleagues in suggestive selling and up-selling techniques to assist in achieving maximized profitability
- Responsible of stock variance in the department along with direct reports
- Provide monthly detailed feedback on top line achievements to the Chef De Cuisine to help prepare monthly top line review
- Attend training and development programs in order to promote personal and career growth
- Comply with standards at all times in order to drive and improve business excellence through monitoring, analysing performance and taking corrective or preventative action
- Understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures in order to exceed the operational requirements and ensure Guests receive the highest standards of quality and service
- Contribute to the achievement of objectives, action plans and key performance indicators in the Company
- Enforce and adhere to the local Food Law and regulations to maintain a clean safe and hygienic environment for all Guests and Colleagues
- Enforce and adhere to all U.A.E. Laws, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Company rules and regulations, report safety concerns or incidents to management in order to minimize risk and maintain a clean safe and hygienic environment for all Guests and Colleagues
- Assist with emergency situations that may arise in order to minimize possible damage, loss or injury to any Guests, Colleagues or Company property
- Represent and promote the Company in a positive manner at all times in order to maintain a professional brand image to all concerned stakeholders
- Display a friendly, helpful and cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with Guests and fellow Colleagues
- Listen actively and respond to Guest feedback as well as review Guest Satisfaction Index results and trends in order to continuously improve and exceed Guest expectations
- Enforce operational rules and regulations and provide crowd control in a friendly manner throughout the areas in order to ensure the Guest`s safety and an enjoyable experience
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Culinary manager level role
- Demonstrated culinary experience in Emirati and Indian cuisine
- Ability to communicate in Arabic
- Proven knowledge of Emirati cuisine and executing recipes
- Effective oral and written communications skills in English
- Possess good interpersonal skills for interacting with people
- A team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets
- Multi-tasking, problem solving and judgement skills
- Tertiary Certificate or Diploma in a Hospitality related field
- Previous experience in a similar role in Hospitality in the U.A.E.
- Possess good leadership qualities
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to calculate simple mathematics and collect different modes of payment accurately
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic integrated resort environment
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and to stand for long hours
- Work on a rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
- Available for overtime work as schedule requires
- Physically fit and be able to work flexible hours
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
By applying to this vacancy, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.