Join the team of the first LEGOLAND® Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND® Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND® we make every child a HERO!
Job Role Summary
Supervisor-Attractions to ensure the highest safety standards are achieved and maintained throughout daily operation of rides and attractions in LEGOLAND Dubai while providing the highest standards of guest satisfaction.To ensure department is managed and operated in-line with company brand standards, health and safety requirements and standard operating procedures.
Supervisors to provide direction to the Attractions Team Leaders and Front Line team. To implement procedures, trainings to nurture behaviour where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount priority. To maintain healthy working relationships with all levels within the department. They will be expected to drive our key operating standards of Safety, Service, Quality and Efficiency. Expected to take role of Team Leader or Front Line when needed.
- To provide safest possible environment to the guests and staff within the park facilities.
- Responsible for assisting with the smooth daily operation of the Attractions department. Support opening/closing of the park ensuring all rides and attractions are ready and presentable at the opening, all required checks done and logged, all staff in position meeting required grooming standards. Ensuring all documentation is completed by the end of the day, all closing procedures followed, any technical issues communicated timely, as per procedure.
- Overview the Team Leaders and Front Line teams daily duties to make sure the department is fully functional. Monitor staffing level, staff reporting time, managing lateness, absence, breaks.
- Organise and Implement the training of the Attractions operator and attendant position teams to required standards within timeframes set.
- To create and maintain a safety focused environment throughout the department, assisting with the creation and implementation of departmental training and auditing procedures.
- Exceed guest expectations through ensuring departmental team deliver to agreed service standards.
- To ensure departmental standards and KPI’s are met.
- Actively demonstrate the company values to all colleagues.
- Chair regular meetings with direct team within required intervals and attend required regular meetings with Departmental Management to ensure consistent flow of communication throughout the department and the company.
- Providing the ultimate experience of the Merlin/LEGOLAND brand.
- Drive and motivate the Team Leaders and front line staff towards achieving Company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for supporting the efficient daily operations of all the rides and attractions in LEGOLAND Dubai.
- Provide accurate daily figures of ride attendance whilst ensuring smooth operation of all the rides and attractions.
- Assisting in managing and meeting all departmental labor budgets.
Acting as a role-mode for the Merlin company values.
Suggest and demonstrate activities to increase revenue in the business.
Proactively seek to identify different methods of working in order to maximize efficiencies within the department while maintaining safety standards.
- Ensure consistent flow of communication throughout the department.
- Inspire excellent customer service within the department.
- Assisting in the coaching and development of the team including part responsibility for the departmental training programme.
- Provide motivational shift briefs to ensure staff members are up to date with the latest company information/promotions and inspired to commence their shift looking after our guests.
DECISION MAKING & AUTONOMY
- Actively demonstrate commitment to positively handling difficult situations and change without conflict. Show resilience, stamina, reliability and a “Can-do” attitude when under pressure.
- Comply with all People Managers policies and procedures and ensure that the team follow these at all times.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SPECIALIST SKILLS
To have a full working knowledge of the Park including geographical layout, services and safety/security procedures.
Attend company training programs to develop capabilities including people management, recruitment skills, financial and disciplinary training.
To be actively involved in the training and auditing of the Team Leaders and Front Line Team (both in initial and ongoing)
- The position may also require working in other departments within Operations where required.
- Involvement in the recruitment for the department to constantly meet the operational requirement.
- Coaching and developing Team Leaders and Front Line staff.
- Responsible for supporting the departmental company Personal Development Plan process to ensure that all staff members receive performance feedback and related development.
- Involvement in developing a team who work together, support, communicate and encourage one another, creating a fun environment where the Merlin values are met.
- Through coaching and development, establish a team that are confident and competent in their role.
- Create a fun work environment where your team are motivated, encouraged to openly express their own ideas and treated with respect.
- Implement Staff Survey initiatives to improve work environment.
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Involvement in the completion and reviewing of departmental risk assessments.
- Resolving and managing staff issues while taking responsibility for the welfare of the team.
- Provide strong leadership in relation to poor performers, enforcing standards fairly and consistently.
- Monitoring and reviewing of guest feedback to identify areas for improvement to maintain excellent levels of satisfaction.
What else?….So for the love of fun®, what will I actually be doing?
Ensuring everyone is fully trained the right skills training, to have fun at work at the same time can do their job effectively, help employees learn new skills and develop existing ones.
The following skills are essential but not limited for the role as Supervisor-Attractions:
- Requires a minimum of two years of operational experience operating rides/attractions.
- Requires a minimum of two years of customer service experience.
- Three years of previous supervisory experience is required, preferably from within the leisure industry.
- Requires excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of the creation and management of risk assessments, SOP’s and EAP’s within a theme park environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative, with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills. Fluent English in both oral and written.
- Must be customer service driven with an understanding of the needs of the guests.
- Requires the ability to make objective decisions quickly under stressful conditions, adapting to new demands and situations while remaining calm.
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) required.
- Strong administration skills.
- Able to focus and prioritize.
- Excellent understanding on culture awareness and the unique environment of the UAE.
- Able to handle First Aid incidents (after being trained and certified).
Preferable College degree or specific experience in the leisure management industry for minimum of 2 or above years.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
By applying to this vacancy, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.