Play Your Part
In this role you will be assisting the Executive Chef, Sous Chefs in the daily operations of the kitchen and to achieve the required standard of food preparation and presentation to meet quality standards and customer satisfaction.
- To assist as directed in the presentation and service of food and to maintain close liaisons with the Food & Beverage service team to provide the highest standards of food and service to our guests.
- Establish and maintain strong communication links with the F&B team and with other departments across the hotel and resort.
- Inspire excellent food production delivery and presentation at all times; using recipes and menu cards where appropriate.
- To liaise with Kitchen team members to check on a daily basis the business and menu requirements for guests.
- To maintain high standards of health and safety, hygiene, fire and food safety as instructed by the Merlin Entertainments Group and Dubai Municipality.
- Take a pro-active approach in stock take procedures.
- To ensure the safe-keeping & using of all Kitchen equipment.
- Supports the kitchen team to maintain strict control and monitoring of wastage, portions and stock rotation.
- To ensure opening and closing procedures and cleaning schedules are maintained as per the kitchen standards of performance manual.
- Relate to the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and understand that from time to time you may be required to assist in wider LEGOLAND Dubai Resort events or occasions.
- Share your ideas and experience to improve the efficient running of the Kitchen areas and F&B department whilst maximizing delivery standards and cleanliness.
- Develop an interactive and unique style of food service that is tailored to each guest and their individual requirements.
Communication & Operational Standards
- Work closely with the Sous Chefs to ensure the smooth running of the Kitchen areas within the hotel and provide regular operational updates
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with both members of staff and guests.
- Ensure full compliance of SOP’s within the Kitchen and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensure all commodities are ordered, received, checked and stored correctly as per SOP’s
- Work alongside the kitchen team work to minimum and maximum stock levels to minimize wastage and maximize storage.
- Have an awareness of our guests needs and wants to eliminate complaints and exceed expectations.
- Be a role model for the Merlin Way.
- To ensure all cleaning materials and equipment within the kitchen are used in conjunction with manufacturers’ specifications and as instructed in the SOP’s.
- To comply with all Hotel and Company rules as outlined in handbooks and to be aware of Company Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- To ensure all accidents or near accidents caused by hazards are reported to the Executive Chef
- To ensure all kitchen, including knives, are used correctly with care and attention and report to a senior member any defective equipment.
- Complexity & Problem solving
- Take an active interest in monitoring and reviewing guest feedback to identify areas for improvement and maintain excellent levels of guest satisfaction.
Overcome any operational issues to ensure that the delivery of service is smooth
Health & Safety:
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Must be able to pass a Food Handler Test, Basic Food & Hygiene test, meet local requirements, PIC level 3 test
- Experience in food production and/ or food preparation is preferred
- Hotel kitchen experience
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Effective communication skills required
- Self motivated and demonstrated initiative
- Good HACCP knowledge
- Self motivated and demonstrated initiative
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to lift and move up to 12kg, and in some cases to do so repetitively
- Ability to lift and move up to 12kg over your head occasionally
- Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations
Must conform hotel grooming guidelines
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
By applying to this vacancy, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.