Join the team of the first LEGOLAND® Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND® Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND® we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to assist with the planning, preparation, execution and analysis of the Accounts Payable accounting processes of the organization. Reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy and making the required changes before submitting payment is the key function. Adhering to company policies and procedures in their daily transactions is essential. It will be imperative that the successful candidate contributes to establishing and maintaining an extremely controlled environment.
- Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and approved in line with the Delegation of Authority
- Collaborate with procurement team to initiate order processing
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services against purchase orders and delivery notes
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis
- Set up invoices for payment and ensure any discount opportunities are realised
- Ensures that all the necessary documents are completed and approved before payments are executed
- Securely maintain confidential supplier information and verify change requests from suppliers
- Prepare the weekly payment run, ensuring the timing is scheduled to maximize credit terms and submit for approval
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and respond to inquiries
- Ensure new supplier forms are completed for all new suppliers
- Assist with month end closing process to ensure timely, accurate financial data that is in compliance with IFRS and company accounting policies
- Assist in the internal and external audits as required
- Understands the balance sheet and P/L impact of account activity including classifications of financial statement line items
- Identifies ways to improve productivity and data quality and assist in preparing business and process flow documents
Health & Safety:
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role, you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field is required
- At least 3 years work experience in the finance division of a company
- Microsoft Navision experience is a plus
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, advanced Excel skills are desirable
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Attention to detail
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
- Ability to work under time constraints and know how to prioritize workload
- Self -starter who can work independently and use own initiative
- Motivated and ambitious team player with a positive outlook
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
By applying to this vacancy, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.